FabOS Vision - Vision for an open, distributed, real-time capable and secure operating system for production
Within the scope of 'FabOS Vision', a concept for an open, distributed, real-time capable and secure operating system with focus on AI apllications is created. FabOS is not be seen as a clissical operating system, but rather as a platform inspired by an operating system: single, independent components are provided to connect machines, services and infrastructure. By doing so, FabOS will become the IT backbone of the factory of the future, with special focus on a versatile, flexible and autoamted Produktion as well as on datadriven AI apllications.
To achieve this goal, FabOS offers these benefits among many others:
- No 'Vendor Lock-In' effect by providing open interfaces that can be used by anyone to provide his own software
- Uniform lifecycle managemant of all production assets zu simplify administration
- Uniform data managemant and availability of data in connected in the connected system to support Ai and data-driven applications
- FabOS basic services, e.g. for evaluating the factory arichtecture with regards to necessary requirements
- Resilience by apllication of 'safety by design'